Our programs and projects reflect The Growing Project's mission and vision of connecting our community members to each other, their food, and their land through urban agriculture and community gardening.
- Urban Foods Outreach: Creates residential gardens, where excess produce is donated to people and families in need.
- Garden Time: Horticulture Therapy program for at-risk youth.
- Glean Team: Emergency food rescue effort where volunteers work with local farmers, farmer's markets, and gardens to glean (or harvest) excess produce and donate it to families in need.
- Plant a Row! Campaign to Feed the Hungry
- Composting with the assistance of Colorado Worm Man, John Anderson
- Free Schools and educational events
- Community outreach and events
- Food Policy & Agriculture Coalition
TGP Goals For 2012 and Beyond
- To increase the amount of productive garden space in Fort Collins
- Continue our growth and security with the five 2011 giving gardens and hosts
- Enrich the Garden-to-School programs
- Form a Northern Colorado Food Policy and Agriculture Coalition
- Invest in our youth program, Garden Time at the Remington House
- Hire an Executive Director to run our expanding programs!
- Donate 10,000 pounds of fresh, healthy, safe produce to those that need it most