Our programs and projects reflect The Growing Project's mission and vision of connecting our community members to each other, their food, and their land through urban agriculture and community gardening.
- Urban Foods Outreach: Creates residential gardens, where excess produce is donated to people and families in need.
- Garden Time: Horticulture Therapy program for at-risk youth.
- Food Finders: A network of bicycle volunteers that work with local farmers, farmer's markets, and gardens to pick up excess produce and donate it to families in need.
- Teens for Food Justice is an 8 week program working with teens from a diversion program to learn about the local food system and food insecurity, gain pre-vocational skills, garden, and cook. Session ends with a youth-led service project addressing food insecurity.
- TGP University: low-cost or donation-based classes on gardening, foraging, natural building, and more!
For updated information on volunteer opportunities and events check out out Facebook page!