Hammer Time! has many programs and resources that empower people, including:
- An extensive "infoshop" that has invaluable literary references in the form of books, zines, magazines, journals, videos, and newspapers; all for either borrowing or use on-site.
- A Free Store, which is based on the barter system, allowing anyone who is willing to donate items of their own and sort them, to take whatever they want of what others have donated. Is that the coolest idea or what!? What a way to halt the production of more "things".
- Their "Seams" Fabrication Station, where for a small suggested donation per hour, fibercraftpersons (yes, I'm going to use that word) can use all supplies for sewing, knitting, crocheting, or embroidering; including patterns and fabric.
- A Tool Co-op, which is basically a fully stocked workshop, where people can bring things that need fixing and use the tools there to get the job done, or perhaps build something new right on site.
- And finally, TGP's favorite...their Community Garden! Similarly to TGP's UFO Giving Gardens, gardeners work together volunteering, and in this way increase their self-sufficiency and learn more than they ever could from a book! It is a collaborative process, where everyone not only learns together through seeing what works and what doesn't, but also gains the fruit of their labor once harvest comes!
A huge kudos to all the folks at Hammer Time!, who have grown it from a dream to a thriving reality and sustainable model, in just two short years.